Here is Thursdays look at transparency-related news items, todays congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency-related events.
- The Washington Post discussed at the backlash from Target's campaign donation to a politician who opposes same-sex marriage and the role Citizens United played in it. (The Washington Post)
- In an editorial, the New York Times argued that the Target controversy shows the need for public disclosure of campaign financing. (The New York Times)
- The Washington Post looked at the lobbying activities of universities and colleges. (The Washington Post)
- The Washington Post also looked at Rep. Darrell Issa's (R-CA) report on government propaganda. (The Washington Post)
- The Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board has published a white paper (PDF) detailing the creation of Recovery.gov. (Federal News Radio)
- The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has launched an online and telephone hotline for ethics whistleblowers. (The Hill)