Here is Mondays look at transparency-related news items, todays congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency-related events being held this week.
- Eliza Newlin-Carney looked at how Citizens United and the Target controversy highlight the political implications of corporate campaign contributions. (National Journal)($)
- Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX) admitted to awarding scholarship money to her relatives and the children of a top aide. (The Hill) (Roll Call)($)
- National Journal looked at the impact a primary loss by Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) will have on energy legislation, the Senate Appropriations Committee, and earmarks. (National Journal)($)
- Open Secrets lists how much money lawmakers are getting from both sides of the energy debate. (Open Secrets)
- Open Secrets also profiled lobbyist Anna Aurilio to provide a look at how the congressional influence industry works. (Open Secrets)
- A CREW report found that aides to George W. Bush ignored warning s to preserve White House emails. (The Washington Post)